May 6, 2015

WIP Wednesday - Gravity Quilt top finished

Hi there quilty peeps! This week, I finished the top of my Gravity Quilt. Jaybird Quilts has done it again with her amazing rulers and fantastic pattern instructions.  This top was done in the span of about a month - it came together so easily once I really focused my attention on starching, pressing (not ironing) and finding that perfect scant 1/4" seam.  Josh is really excited to get his very own quilt - and I'm excited to get it off to the longarmer very soon.  I just need to decide on how to have it quilted. Any ideas?


post signature

Linking up with WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced today.  Check it out for your weekly shot of inspiration! I am also joining a new link up this week at Sew Fresh Quilts - need to get back in to my weekly posts and this might be a good way to remember!


Sew Fresh Quilts

13 comments:

  1. oh wow, that is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful quilt with many surprises inside. I am glad I stopped by to take a closer look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! Congrats on getting the top together. I think I would ask for matching thread colors, but have no idea for a design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is a super fine finish, Stacey! You have done an amazing job piecing this. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finish! The colors in the gravity pattern are just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quilt!! The colors and pattern amazing! How are you going to quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I just started making mine. I'm glad that you've made it sound much less daunting than it seemed. I'm at a bit of a loss at to the quilting as well. Maybe your quilter will have some good ideas. I love what Angela did with Julie's original, but it seems like such a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quilt top! this will turn out to be smashing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an absolutely beautiful design, and you did a great job on it - well sewn! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS