October 24, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Double Wedding Ring

AmysCreativeSide.com

I'm excited to once again enter the Blogger's Quilt Festival and show you my Red and White Double Wedding Ring. 


Quilt Stats:
Red and White Double Wedding Ring
64" x 86"
15" rings in a 6 x 8 layout
Fabrics: Red and White from my stash
Pieced with 50 wt. Aurifil thread
Exquisitely quilted by my friend Vickie West


I adore this quilt - it checks off two bucket list items: a red/white quilt and a double wedding ring.



Here is a detailed shot of the quilting - done by my amazing friend Vickie





Here were some in progress shots along the way - I blogged a lot about this - here, here and here.  I had the quilt laser cut which I HIGHLY recommend for something this precise. 











Click here to check out the amazing quilts in this year's festival - they are always so inspirational!  You will find my quilt in the "Large" category.  Enjoy!

post signature

9 comments:

  1. beautiful!!! great color to show off the rings and the quilting is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the quilting motif in the centers is absolutely a perfect choice - the whole quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing finish. It's gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely quilt. I never heard of having a quilt laser cut--special order?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful classical quilt - lots of work in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic work! I just finished a DWR myself so I know it is not the easiest to make. How did you get the pieces laser cut?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a great take on the classic pattern! Love your fabric choices - and of course the exquisite quilting

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous quilt! Your work is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS