September 3, 2014

The Big Reveal!


Well, another MAJOR finish on the Quilty Bucket List today. Nothing like a Quilt Show coming up to kick your butt into gear!!

I have blogged LOTS about this - as in the words of Inigio Montoya "Lemme e'splain, no, there is too much, lemme sum up!"

I started with this:



Original Inspiration Post

And some fun progress shots...









And, this is the result of almost a year worth of effort...


I literally shrieked when I saw my friend's quilting - this is all free motion, people. I.DIE.






Quilt Stats:
Red and White Double Wedding Ring
64" x 86"
15" rings in a 6 x 8 layout
Fabrics: Red and White from my stash
Pieced with 50 wt. Aurifil thread
Exquisitely quilted by my friend Vickie West


It just so happens that SewCalGal is hosting a year long celebration of Red & White quilts.  I am entering this one into her virtual show. Go check out all the amazing quilts on display.
And for extra fun today, linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts and Confessions of a Fabric Addict! Woohoo :)

post signature

17 comments:

  1. Wow that is so pretty and so much work! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

  2. Wow such a beautiful quilt. I'm a sucker for red and white myself. This is definitely an heirloom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that is just stunning, a real labour of love. Time for the next project on the bucket list?

    ReplyDelete
  4. this quilt is just stunning! Do you mind me asking how much it cost to have the material laser cut?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! And the quilting is FMQ??? Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow --- wow --- wow
    awesome goodness ..

    and a lot of hard work ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are two things on my bucket list! A red and white quilt AND a DWR quilt-maybe I will kill two birds with one stone and do both-yours is an inspiration! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, it is gorgeous! I LOVE red and white quilts and this one is so inspirational!! The quilting is stunning, I am in awe that it is free motion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on a stunning, amazing finish! The quilting is indeed spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty. And you are right to shriek about that quilting. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in love with your quilt. Congrats on a fabulous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so gorgeous, Stacey! The red is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS