July 22, 2014

Finish #3 - Scrappy Improv Log Cabin




This is the third (and final, for now ;)) quilt to show you in my flurry of finishes!

This is the second teacher quilt - it came out a little smaller than I had hoped, but my scrap stash in these colors were getting a little thin - isn't that the point with these fabulous scrap quilts - use up those treasured goodies we hold on to. (If you want to read about my scraps and inspiration for this quilt, click here).

I've wanted to do a scrap quilt forever! I've been cutting strings for a string quilt, but had my eye on the Scrappy Improv Log Cabin for a while. Its a GREAT scrap buster!

This quilt is so easy, it doesn't even really need a tutorial, but in case you want to take a look, here it is from Ellison Lane.

I wanted fun, bright, primary colors. And that's exactly what I got.




Rainbow Scrappy Log Cabin
42" square
Fabrics: From my stash, obviously
Thread:  Aurifil for piecing and quilting



I hope you have a wonderful week - I'm taking the last week of summer off and spending it with the boys!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS