April 16, 2014

Wounded Warriors and WIPS





Hi there folks - I wanted to share a really special picture today that makes me proud to be a quilter! My guild donates quilts to wounded warriors and one of them was given to the daughter of a friend and co-worker who was injured while on active duty.  This picture, which was snapped this week, just makes me smile.  If you aren't affiliated with a guild, this is a great reason to do so - most of them have charitable projects like this that you can get involved with.



In other WIP news, I'm working on a Mariner's Compass mini - these are 8 inches in diameter and I"m planning on doing 4 for a small 20" square quilt...


And, on a whim, I decided to start sewing up some scrappy wonky log cabins for a new rainbow quilt. I just can't get enough of rainbow quilts. Seriously, I have a problem.



Linking up with Freshly Pieced today - have a great Wednesday!!


post signature

8 comments:

  1. What a fantastic way for your guild to let veterans know they are thought of and appreciated by all they serve!!!
    Love you rainbow wonky log cabin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely projects! The only time I really get into rainbow quilts is when it's time to work through my scraps--which I am overdue to do again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very special on the wounded warrior project.
    Our guild makes quilts of valor. One gal puts them together and the members make the blocks to give to her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell Sgt. Montoya thank you from all of us! And those compass blocks are beautiful!! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of it: the charitable acts, the meticulous mini, and the rainbow of log cabins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I'm crying now. That is an amazing picture. And to think, your guild was part of that little service for such an amazing warrior. I love the Quilts of Valor and the like projects. And I completely agree--a quilting guild can help provide us with ways to serve our community.

    And I love your projects! The compass blocks are beautiful and the rainbow quilt is so fun. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little starts are bright and cheery. The squared fabrics contrast with your solids nicely. I may have to try some circular blocks in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderful thing to do for service men and women, no wonder you are proud. Love the mariners compasses, such a beautiful block. I also love the rainbow log cabins... I can' resist rainbow quilts

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS