April 12, 2014

Russian Rubix for Rex

I am really thrilled to finish this quilt for little Rex! His momma wanted a good sized quilt that he can play with and grow with.  She wanted mostly navy, grey and white with pops of orange.  She picked out some awesome fabrics and  I immediately thought of this pattern that I've had in my sewing room for a year or so and I have to say, it came together just as I had imagined! Don't you love it when that happens.




Pattern: Russian Rubix by April Rosenthal (love her patterns!)
Fabrics : Various Navy and Orange Prints
Thread - Aurifil 50wt for piecing, Superior monofil for quilting


This binding in the orange bias strip from Happy Go Lucky was a perfect finish, I think.


Notice we used lots of crowns for "Rex!"






I can't wait to give this to Rex's mom on Monday. I'll bask in having a completed project this weekend before jumping into my next one!


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty quilt! And those colors together are gorgeous. Lucky kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I have started doing hexies myself,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how it turned out. It is inspiring me to get back to my Russian Rubix that is sitting in my UFO pile.

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS