January 25, 2014

So many projects, so little time!

I'm feeling the need to organize and prioritize my projects for 2014 because they are already stacking up.  Yes, I should have done this at the beginning of the month, but January has literally flown by and I'm just now putting pen to paper.  I've committed to sew from my stash as much as possible at least for the first 1/2 of the year {thanks to the Fabriholics Anonymous pledge}.

Even with the aspirational goal, I've still got a LOT on my plate.

Thanks to a project tracker from Mama Love Quilts which you can link to here, I'm trying to map out the next six months.

Here's some pics of the progress I've made thus far on some of these projects - I clearly need to get myself to the long armer, stat!







These are my economy blocks done for a baby quilt - I'm waiting on a few more prints to add to it so that the finished size is a generous throw size for a baby. 


And these are two precious wallhangings made for a friend who wants to frame them in her soon-to-be-born boy and girl twins room. Her colors are grey, aqua, and pink. Of course I had to add some orange which I think plays well with those colors. 












As far as the year goes, my only hard deadline would be to finish the top of my Double Wedding Ring by the end of March so I can get it quilted in plenty of time for the QuiltFest in September. I've made some progress since this picture so, I'm feeling ok about where I am with this one.



I'm also trying to decide what my bucket list quilts are (including the DWR above) so that I can begin longer term projects that may span multiple years.  I'm trying to organize a place for us to all share our "quilty bucket lists" - and thinking of maybe a blog hop in March to showcase some of your bucket lists, is that an idea you would want to participate in?

I would love to hear what you've got on your list and what you're working on today!

5 comments:

  1. I'd love to part of your bucket list blog hop - I keep a list on my site www.modernbiasblog.com but it needs to be updated and reassessed at this point. I think of the bucket list as more than just ideas or projects in the queue, but goals or things I'd like to work up to. Anyway, good luck with everything on YOUR list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those projects and the little chart is a great link to, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your DWR quilt, it is looking so good, I'm guessing you liked the laser cutting? I need to write list too, I just have one on my fridge.

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS