January 1, 2014

#economyblockalong

One of the things I love most about quilting and being connected with social media is that I can pick up a fun project on a whim with others and share in the experience through Instagram or other means.  So, yesterday, I ran across this new little Instagram Quilt-A-Long using a tutorial/pattern from Rita at Red Pepper Quilts. She has a free pattern link on her Craftsy page for paper piecing.  This is a great way to stash bust and use your scraps in an adorable way!

I'm hooked and made 14 blocks last night, so, no I'm not obsessed or anything...







Here are the latest Instagram posts if you'd like to follow along, or even better, join us.... Now I know what I will be doing today while the kids play!!





Not sure if anyone is linking up a WIP Wednesday today, but here's mine!! Have a HAPPY NEW YEAR with your family.

7 comments:

  1. I love your little critters you have featured. So cute! What a great stash buster

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is turning into such a cute quilt! I love the bright fabrics and fussy cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had several members do a block swap with these. They were so cute. Our next charity block for AMQG is the cat block from the catevent by Elizabeth Hartman. I just downloaded the pattern and am getting ready to press fabric. This should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job -- are you linked in with the flicker swap group? we have been swapping for several rounds now. It's hosted by What the Bobbin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sew pretty. I may have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sewing room's all packed up, so I'm REALLY enjoying watching everyone have fun with this quilt along! =} Yours are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute cute it's going to be.

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS