December 18, 2013

Two New QALs - Join Me!

One of these days very soon, I'm going to plan and host my own Quilt Along... But in the mean time, here are the two that have caught my eye and that I am going to commit to for 2014!



The Feathers QAL starts this week with a general tutorial, but the blocks won't start in earnest until January 3rd. The QAL will use The Feathers Pattern by Alison Glass and Nydia Kehnle. It's paper pieced, so you know I love it!  There is a Flickr Group and folks are Instagraming using #feathersqal.  


I'm thinking a black and white quilt with a pop of color (either teal or purple). Should be so fun ~ here's the fabric I pulled...

The second QAL is a year long block-of-the month style challenge with Erin from Sew at Home Mummy.  Check out the link for all of the details - but Erin will take a classic block and challenge us to update it with a modern spin.  The result will be a sampler with a "classic meets modern" feel to it ~ which I think fits perfectly in my style.


Sew at Home Mummy


One of my goals for 2014 is to sew from my stash! I spent a lot of 2013 building up the stash (and I have the credit card bills to prove it), now it's time to cut into those coveted fabrics and make some beautiful quilts.  I'm thinking about hosting a bloggy event to "Slash Your Stash" - possibly in February. More to come on that soon...

So, I hope you will join me on these two QALs - the more the merrier!  

4 comments:

  1. oh this time of year is so tempting! I want to do everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that looks like a really nice QAL. I will have to think about it. It would be a great paper piecing and modern quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will have to have a closer look at the feathers QAL. Although I think I need to focus on some of my ideas... will check out the blog... maybe jump in I hear how every one is doing. One of my goals is to stay connected matter how complicated my life gets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will have to have a closer look at the feathers QAL. Although I think I need to focus on some of my ideas... will check out the blog... maybe jump in I hear how every one is doing. One of my goals is to stay connected matter how complicated my life gets. :)

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS