December 19, 2013

Broken Herringbone - Finished!

Rainbow Broken Herringbone

It's been a long time coming, but my Rainbow Broken Herringbone is DONE! Whew!

Stats:
Finished Size = 60" x 60"
Fabrics = from my stash and from some swap partners (thanks Molli Sparkles and Ella's Cottage)
Thread = Pieced with Aurifil, Quilted with King Tut (I rented time on a long-arm from a LQS)

Broken herringbone detail



I have blogged about the process here, here, and here. Big shout out to the pattern designer, Amy at Play-Crafts and the always-entertaining Molli Sparkles for the fun Quilt-A-Long as well. I really had a blast participating in this one.

I'm enjoying taking quilts out to various Austin, TX locations to shoot them - this is the "Greetings From Austin" mural on South First street.  If you're ever in Austin, it's a great place to take a snapshot.

My Rainbow Broken Herringbone went out for a little photo shot today. Keep Austin Quilting! #msbhqal


It's so hard to give these away, but it is going to a VERY special teacher and, as I have always said, the real joy of quilting for me is to give these to people who will love them for years to come!

 I'm so happy to finally have a Friday Finish to show you so I'm linking up today with Finish It Up Friday, Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? and TGIFF! 

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt! And what a wonderful location to photograph it in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is fabulous, and thanks for showing us a bit of your local area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is beautiful, and you picked a wonderful place to take your picture. Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! I enjoyed seeing your progress, and the finished product is inspiring. Wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is incredible! And I love the photo location. Austin is such an amazing city! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am OBSESSED with yours!!!!! This is beautiful. You did such a great job and your photo shoot is baller!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilt. Gotta love Austin.
    (I lived in Temple, TX for awhile).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your finish. It is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful quilt. It's a fabulous block to use up so many of our favorite fabrics, and the bigger bits that are leftover from other quilts. The teacher will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! And I love all the colors! A broken herringbone quilt is definitely on my "to-do" list. :)

    Kim @ TiesThatBindQuilting

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Lucky recipient indeed. It's a super happy and beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very very cool! What an awesome quilt (and great backdrop too!) Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loverly! I love the bright colors in this one. And what a great place for a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great! Yet another quilt to add to my "must make" list. Your quilt is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your quilt is beautiful! I haven't quilted mine yet. Just curious what quilting pattern you used doing FMQ.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This quilt is gorgeous! You made the for a teacher?? What a lucky person! I would love something handmade from one of my kids parents. Such a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this quilt is stunning ! and I love your photos. Perfect with all of that color!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations. It is awesome. Mine will be going to the longarmer in January. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stacey that is so beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This turned out beautifully!! I love it! And I enjoyed seeing more of your local area. :)

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS