October 31, 2013

International Quilt Festival ~ here I come!

Hang on to your wallets, I'll be in Houston for the International Quilt Festival on Saturday and Sunday!

When I'm not shopping, I'll be Instagramming some of my favorite quilts with the hashtag #quiltfestival.  If you want to find me on Instagram, I'm here.

If you haven't seen the best in show yet, you must check this out!! This is "Chihuly's Gondola" by Melissa Sobotka - a Texas gal who has only been quilting for 6 years. This gives someone like me hope!  I cannot wait to see this in person - the pictures are beyond amazing!  Here's a link to the major winners.  Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Cha Ching. I have seen the Chihuly boat and orbs at my local conservatory a couple years ago. This quilt is AMaZING!!!! Something to be said for the work going into an art quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That quilt is really a work of art. The Chihuly glass is amazing in person. I saw them at the Missouri Botanical Garden several years ago.

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS