October 29, 2013

Broken Herringbone Top.... REVEALED!

Molli Sparkles


After several months of loving participating in the Molli Sparkles Broken Herringbone Quilt-A-Long (#msbhqal for your Instagrammers), the time has come to link up and share our finished quilts (or quilt tops, as the case may be). 

Here's a little walk down memory lane!

So, I decided to do a rainbow layout, and here was my first mockup...


broken herringbone mockup



Then came time to do the blocks.  A quilt like this allows you to fall in love with your fabric all over again. I carefully picked out 2 1/2 inch strips to put into this quilt.  My quilty friends laugh at me - I am a total sucker for ROYGBIV (rainbow) quilts.  I just love bright, saturated colors.   So, selecting the fabrics for this was SO MUCH FUN!.


My first broken herringbone block - love it!



Aqua block x 2!


Navy blocks x3 are done - only 5 blocks left!! My design wall isn't big enough!


Purples...done!

I did some strip swapping for those colors that I was lacking in - mostly yellows and navy blues (thanks Ms. Molli and Leigh Anne!)

And, this was the end result! 

I'm calling it...

Rainbow Herring {Bad To The} Bone

#msbhqal rows are pieced!!!




Broken Herringbone Top - Finished!!


You have to go check out all the Broken Herringbone Quilts that have been finished - you will just HAVE to make one for yourself, I promise you won't be sorry!!

9 comments:

  1. It's stunning, well done, can't wait to see how it looks quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I've been contemplating a Roygbiv quilt. I like this block, I will have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous! I love it, Stacey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay. Have to admit that of all the posted quilts yours is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! Love this Stacey! I enjoy the arrangement a lot, it is like I'm walking down a rainbow road, or crossing a rainbow bridge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it turned out awesome, I can't wait to get back to mine. Those blue birds you sent me are fantastic and will work so well :-)

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS