July 3, 2013

WIP Wednesday


Today, I'm guest hosting WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced!  If you are visiting from Freshly Pieced - thanks for stopping in.  I would love for you to come back and visit again soon.  One easy way to do that is to follow me on Bloglovin' (since Google Reader is no more). 

Follow on Bloglovin


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

My to-do list is ever growing, but a few recent finishes have made way for a whole set of new work.  


Here's what's going on in my sewing room this week:





I'm working on a quilt for Moda Bake Shop that should (fingers crossed) be completed mid-July.  It uses the totally adorable S'more Love line that just came out.  This is going to be a family  quilt to take on our camping adventures.  I can't wait to show it to you - it will be a very simple paper-pieced block, great for beginners.



 These three fabrics will make up Block #5 of my Swoon quilt.  I've just joined a Flickr group of other Swooners with the goal of finishing this up by the end of the summer. 




These blocks were made for me by my Get Your Hex On! hive mates.  It would be an understatement to say that I am a hex-aholic. I started a bee this year dedicated to all things hexie and it's been such a blast so far. My month to host was February and I hadn't really made progress on laying out these gorgeous blocks yet.  This past weekend, my hubby (aka my design consultant) and I put up the blocks on the design wall and started playing around with layouts for these blocks.  Eventually, the quilt will be called "Falling in Love."  I snapped a quick pic of what I want to do. 



Now, I've got to figure out a way to implement the vision.


So, what are you working on this week?

4 comments:

  1. I love the vision! Falling in love with the single hexies falling down around the blocks - CUUUTE!!! Love it. Also love the s'mores. Can't wait to see it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the guest post, Stacey! You 'seam' to 'bee' working on 'sew' many exciting projects! You've got me in suspense! Looking forward to following along and seeing what becomes of it all.

    Lorna:)
    http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Falling in Love layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You r right hexie queen....you may be wearing the crown

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS