June 26, 2013

Swoon 2013

FairyFace Designs


Sarah at Fairy Face Designs is doing a Swoon-A-Long over the next couple of months.  It seemed like the perfect motivation to finish up my Swoon, which was started at a quilting retreat in March.  I really love it so far - but now I have a little dose of accountability to get it done.  There is a Flickr group started as well as an Instagram hashtag (#Swoon2013) if you want to join.

If you don't know about Swoon yet, you should go check out this pattern. I just adore Camille Roskelley's patterns.  It's actually very simple and it uses fat quarters - each block finishes at 24" square for a finished quilt of 80"x80".

Here's what I've done so far...


Swoon 4 of 9

Pin It





WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced  

Also, please read the post below or click here, I have a giveaway going on through Saturday - please enter for a chance to win some awesome Aurifil thread!



Have a great week!


Follow on Bloglovin

18 comments:

  1. Your Swoon blocks are looking fabulous! Great colour choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Swoon blocks! It will be a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blocks are fabulous!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacey, I'm visiting through the Lets get acquainted blog hop. Your Marcelle medallion quilt looks lovely-the design looks a promising one for using a good range of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just exchanged emails last night with someone who had finished a lovely Swoon. My resistance is weakening! Thanks for posting about the QAL I hadn't heard of it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful start on your Swoon quilt! I went through quite a Swoon phase myself a while back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. swoon blocks are so pretty -- I love the fabrics that you have chosen :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. you just can't go wrong with swoon! i love the pairings you've made - so perfect. keep at them now that you've started up again because i want to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love swoon quilts!! I've been just looking for an excuse to make one!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  10. GAh! I've had swoon on the brain lately. Would so love to join the swoon along but do I really have the time?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Swoon blocks look great! I've done 1 block out of Halloween fabric - I'm thinking it will be a wallhanging or maybe I'll put it on the kitchen table...we'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such fun swoon blocks. A swoon is on my list of patterns I want to make so I'll have to check out the QAL link. I signed up for Camille's class on craftsy too:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Visiting from WIP wednesday. Wow you have done a few blocks. I too have been foloowing her doing swoon. But a lot more looking than doing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the swoon block; I especially love the colors of the two blocks on teh right of the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your swoons! Especially the one in the top right! Perfect!
    I've managed to finish six... three more to go.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so fun and so beautiful. I suppose the name swoon come from the reaction one gets from looking at them! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am just getting the fabric cut..you are way ahead! Looking great..thanks for the motivation and eye candy!

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS