June 10, 2013

Modern Mini Challenge at Ellison Lane Quilts

I never knew how much I loved making mini quilts until this year - and its been quite a year - from pillows, to wall hangings to mug rugs, I think I've done it all.  Here's a little sampling of what I've been working on...

In April, I made a "grown up" mug rug to hold a little vino.  This was for the April Showers blog hop - and I took a little license with my theme.  I added one of my favorite techniques to make a quilt pop, a piped border. 



PicMonkey Collage


This is unfinished, but I love it just the same - it's a New York Beauty Circle of Flying Geese mini that I originally saw at QuiltCon and just had to make it.  I used a Lizzy House Pearl Bracelets charm pack for my geese and points.  This one needs the perfect quilting, and then she'll be done!



Untitled


This was a quilt little mini I whipped up for my mother-in-law who loves hearts.  I did a tutorial for this hexie heart block, which you can check out here.



IMG_8329.jpg


And, of course, there was this little cutie - my lattice pillow which was my first Moda Bake Shop feature - this easy block can be made into a mini, a pillow or even a baby quilt.



And only last week, I finished this little summery mini with the  Ellison Lane  Summer Sampler Sew Along - 9 tasty blocks.


IMG_9713.jpg


But, my favorite is still the mini quilt I made for the Dare to Dresden blog hop. I'd never made a dresden before, but I was inspired by the antique scissors in this fabric.  I wanted to make a wall hanging for my sewing room,  so, this is what I came up with...


Dare to Dresden



My Dresden in the Dare to Dresden blog hop (www.thetiltedquilt.blogspot.com)

It just makes me happy every time I look at it.  It is not perfect, but it is perfectly me!

This is the quilt I will enter into the Modern Mini Quilt Challenge at Ellison Lane Quilts which is already in full swing.  

Have you made a mini recently? Don't be shy - show it off and link up to the other participants.  Last year, there were over 200 entries.  And, of course, there will be prizes as well!  



11 comments:

  1. Love the Dresden plate with the scissors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dresden! Sooooo original!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Circle of Flying Geese. Yeah Lizzy House Pearl Bracelet. I scored a charm pack at Quiltcon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dresden is gorgeous! and a perfect fit for those scissors:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way the scissors fit so well into the design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word...those scissor dresdens are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! I love those fussy cut scissors :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! you have some great projects! I love your geese mini, and of course that dresden is really awesome! Hop on over to Needle and Thread Thursday and link up if you get a chance!

    -Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! Love your mini and all of the other goodies on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all fab but I love the cushion and scissors the best.

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS