June 2, 2013

Marcelle Medallion - Take Two

Thank you all for your comments on my Marcelle Medallion center star block.  I really appreciated each of you giving me feedback. The consensus is - it doesn't really matter what you guys think, if I don't love it - I never will.  So... I decided to try another version and I have to tell you, I am so much happier.  So much for heading outside my comfort zone.   This version looks cleaner and more striking to me.


Marcelle Medallion center star block - take two!



Pin It


So, now I have my center block - and I can start on the borders. You can follow lots of great quilters attempting the Marcelle Medallion on Instagram (#marcellemedallion).

Have a great week!

15 comments:

  1. Stacey, I love that block. I think it will be easy to build on and will be a place to rest when looking at the entire quilt. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! It's gorgeous.
    I'm glad you were able to come up with a solution, even if it meant making a new block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one! It's amazing how small changes make such a big difference. This one's getting pinned. Thanks for sharing the update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one looks so much less busy. Great start to your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! And I'm glad you do too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup...something about everything matching keeps us in our zone...I really liked the patchy block...except those 2 matching pieces...but I certainly understand your need to match. I'm not a patchwork kinda quilter either and scrappy to me just looks crappy (sorry Bonnie Hunter, I just don't Like scrappy no matter who does it)....so glad you took the time to make yourself something you'll love! Life is too short for regrets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, much better! But as you said the most important thing is that you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful and good for you for re-doing it. Yea - so pleased you are happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stacey this block is so much better. White to rest your eyes so it's not so busy like the first block, and it allows the other printed fabrics to pop out and shine too. Glad you found something you love and are happy with. I love it better too, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It really is great :) I can't wait to see where it goes. And now this pattern is definitely on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so different! Looking forward to seeing it grow...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a beautiful job piecing both blocks but this one has the contrast to stand out more as the centre of your medallion. Nice start to a great project.

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS