June 13, 2013

Kate Spain Blog Hop Link Up

I've been following this fun blog hop over at Blossom Heart Quilts dedicated to all things Kate Spain! What a great idea, I wish I had thought of it myself. I adore Kate Spain... especially Flurry, Terrain and Honey Honey, just to name a few. I've made quilts using all three, which I am linking up today.


Kate Spain blog hop

First, my Flurry star - I made this last year after hoarding a jelly roll and some yardage for almost a year (isn't it funny how we do that?).  I saw this quilt on the cover of McCall's Quilting and knew I wanted to give it a try.  I embroidered a fun little saying in the top left corner as well - the cool aqua along with the traditional green and red were genius combinations by Kate Spain, in my opinion :)


Flurry Christmas Star


Flurry Star Embroidery



I wish I had a better close up of this next one - it uses lots of the orange and pink colorways from Terrain, another amazing line!  This was made for my friend Amy's daughter to go on her "big girl bed" and I just love orange/hot pink for little girls. So modern, but also feminine as well. I'm still hoarding a few pieces left in this line - waiting for the perfect project!

blogpic2


And finally, probably my FAVORITE line (I say that every time a new line comes out, by the way) by Kate Spain is Honey, Honey.  Something about the little bees and also back to my fun orange/pink obsession. I made this lattice quilt with charm squares cut from this line.  The tutorial for that quilt can be found here.  



Thanks for taking a walk down memory lane with me - go check out the other links in the Kate Spain linky party and see what other quilters are making with Kate's gorgeous fabric.

13 comments:

  1. your flurry star is GORGEOUS! I love those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That star is awesome! Strip-piecing and then make HSTs?? So effective! And I LOVED the lattice quilt when I saw it in the Charm Madness hop - so clever! Thanks for link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilts! And love the photography on the Lattice quilt!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are fabulous! Love the colours!!!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of these - but especially the star. Brilliant work :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin your quilts...as usual! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lattice quilt is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore Flurry as well. Lovely work, so cute with the embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous but flurry is my favorite! Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are lovely quilts, I especially love the flurry star. It is the pink and orange I love too in Kate Spain's ranges. I just made a Zakka pepper coaster in pink and orange from Cuzco!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am Mariam used every single spell worker on the internet, spent untold amounts of money and discovered they are all fakes...i was the fool though; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. In the end, I decided that I wanted a tarot reading to know what my future held for me; I contacted a woman who lives locally to me and she told me about a man named (Priests Abija); he does not advertise on the internet, has another job for income, has no set prices, makes no false promises and refuses to help anyone that cannot be helped and even helps for free sometimes, he will give you proof before taking money. He is a wonderful man and he was the only person who actually gave me real results. I really hope he doesn't mind me advertising his contact on the internet but I'm sure any help/ extra work will benefit him.contact him here as (518) 303-6207 or spirituallighthealing101@live.com He travel sometimes.i cant give out his number cos he told me he don’t want to be disturbed by many people across the world..he said his email is okay and he’ will replied to any emails asap,love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,any sicknesses voodoo,Trouble in marriage,HIV AIDS,it's all he does Hope this helps everyone that is in a desperate situation as I once was; I know how it feels to hold onto something and never have a chance to move on because of the false promises and then to feel trapped in wanting something
    more.

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS