June 28, 2013

Aurifil Winners and Other Random Stuff

It's Friday - woohoo! I'm traveling next week with the kiddos to visit my parents, so I probably won't have a blog post to share. But before I head out of town, I wanted to announce the winners of the awesome Aurifil goodies!  The Random Generator has spoken and the three winners are:

(1) One Designer Pack - Esprit Folk Art by Marianne Byrne-Goarin.  There are 10 spools of 12wt wool thread - best for embellishing.


#14 - Heather B.

(2) One Designer Pack - Simply Color by V and Co. - This has 10 spools of 100% cotton thread in 28wt - perfect for embroidery and hand blanket stitching.


#152 - Erica

(3) One sample pack of 5 different Aurifil threads in a variety of weights and colors.


#205 - Ohio Lori

I will contact you each by email to get a mailing address so I can send your goodies out to you.

I am so humbled and grateful for all of you who participated in this blog hop and giveaway.  Thank you for making this blog such a fun experience for me.  There will be lots more fun to come in the next weeks and months :)


In other fun news, I have two little features to share.  I recently tested a bag for Sara at Sew Sweetness. She's releasing the pattern today and you can see all of the pattern testers' creations on her blog.

It was the first time I've ever tested a bag and I  had lots of fun with it.  The pattern is called Camp Stitchalot. This bag is perfect for taking to a class or sewing retreat. It is full of vinyl pockets and storage.  I would say it's an Intermediate level pattern - I am more of a novice bag-maker. Her instructions are clear, with lots of pictures and detail.  It is now available for purchase in her shop if you are interested. Here's my version of her bag - I went for a bold Sandy Gervais print from the Sassy line (loved those colors!) that I had in my leftover in my stash and I think it came out really cute!  This bag will definitely get some use if you need something for your sewing supplies on the go.





Also, I got a really nice email from Kim at Windsor and Main.  She's a Swoon fanatic like me (and so many others) and she wanted to feature my Swoon blocks on her blog today.  Thanks Kim for the shout out - you should check out Kim's blog, she has lots of great finds to share with you today.

Finally, I wanted to let you know about a non-quilty blog that a friend of mine just started. Yes, people, there are non-quilt blogs out there too!!! 


Erin just started a blog called Fig+Cotton to complement her independent stationary business.  Erin makes the most gorgeous custom invitations - she done a moving card for us a while back as well as some party printables for me and I just loved the end product. She's very affordable and quick!  


Anyway, this blog takes hostessing to the next level.  She has menu ideas, printables and hostessing tips to make us all look like expert party planners!  She has some fun 4th of July printables up this week just in time for next week.
source: Fig+Cotton 
In honor of the 4th of July,  I will leave you with a picture of one of my favorite wall hangings - a flag quilt I made a few years ago. It is a free pattern from Susan Cleveland's website using her prairie point tool.  You could definitely do it without the tool, but I really love how easy she makes it!


(I really need some better pictures of this - this was pre-blog and before I knew about using good lighting etc.)

God Bless America Quilt - 2011





Have a wonderful week and a happy Fourth of July!!

4 comments:

  1. Love your flag quilt. I took Susan Cleveland's hot piping binding class at Quiltcon. She is an excellent teacher and explained things so clearly. I think I found the perfect fabric for the new Swoon-A-Long. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to the winners and i love love your bag and flag! Happy 4th and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Camp Stitchalot bag - it'll be soo useful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bag. I have yet to make a bag of any kind. I may have to make this one.

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS