May 14, 2013

WIP Wednesday

Hexagon Log Cabin

I have finally finished the quilt top for my son's kindergarten teacher - whew this one was very time intensive, but the result was totally worth it, don't you think? I blogged about it earlier, but just a reminder - this was a great tutorial from The Sewing Chick with fabric that was created from self portraits drawn by my son's kindergarten class to be presented to their teacher at the end of the year.

I'm going to try to quilt it this week, I'm so happy this one won't go down to the deadline.

Do you ever have a hard time giving away one of your quilts? It sounds crazy, but I bond with a quilt while I'm putting it together, and while nothing makes me happier than giving it away, its always a little sad too!  

IMG_9564.jpg
Anyway, I ran outside the minute I finished the top of this to grab some photos to share.  Enjoy - should have a nice finish on this to share with you soon! 

IMG_9567.jpg


Linking up to WIP Wednesday again - have fun looking at all of the great eye candy out there!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


Pin It

16 comments:

  1. What a fun quilt, I love the fussy cut centers and the hexagons! Keep up the great work! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey what a great present! I am a kindergarten teacher and I would just be tickled to get such a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is so cute and fun!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous. Love the artwork fussy cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this. Fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing, what a lucky lucky teacher! Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is stunning! I'm sure the teacher will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice. The teacher should be really thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore this quilt! Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely fabulous - the teacher will be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute, what a great idea! Why didn't I get one of these when I was teaching?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This looks like a lot of hard work, but it has definitely paid off - it's beautiful!! (I love each and every quilt I make and have a hard time giving them away, also.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is so beautiful. I can understand why you don't want to give it away.

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS