May 8, 2013

WIP & Over The Rainbow Charm Swap - Sign Up Now

Not much new to report this week on the sewing front, I've been plugging away at my hexagon log cabin - I blogged about it last week.  These little suckers are adorable, but they are a little time intensive and I've had to supplement my stash a little!



Untitled

If you've visiting from WIP Wednesday - welcome!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

This rainbow quilt has got me wanting to supplement my stash with some rainbow fabrics - so I thought now would be a great time to do a rainbow charm swap!  Over the last year, I have participated in two charm swaps and I just loved them. I really love using my charms for english paper piecing hexagons but they are so versatile, they can be used in a million ways. This month, the queen bee in Color Bee Shocked has a great block that uses charms in a rainbow colorway - I was inspired!


over the rainbow swap

Rules are never fun, but here they are:

1.  There are 56 slots available.  You can sign up for up to two slots - Each person will be assigned a color. Once all the swap slots are filled, I will email you your color assignment. (red, pink, orange, yellow, purple, blue, aqua, green).  

3. Fabric must be designer label, 100% cotton, quality fabric.  
No Hancocks, Joanns or Michael's fabrics.

4. Fabric must be new and unwashed and must come from a smoke free environment.

5. Before sending your fabric to me, cut your fabric into 5" x 5" charm squares.
1 yard = 56 charm squares (5" x 5".)  If you need a  tutorial on how to cut fabric into charms check out this one by Elizabeth Hartman.

6.  Put your fabric in a ziploc bag and include a 3x5 index card with your name, email address, mailing address, fabric info (designer, manufacturer, line, color.) I will compile a master list of fabrics and email it to you once the swap is complete. 

7. In your envelope, include, the charms in ziploc, the index card a PREPAID SELF ADDRESSED STAMPED ENVELOPE for me to mail your charms back to you! This swap is open to international swappers, but you will need to be provide me with your PayPal address so I can bill you for your return postage.  If you have questions about this, please let me know.

8. After the sign up is full, I will provide you with deadlines for mailing.

Please join the Flickr group and post pictures of your fabric so we minimize any duplicates. Also, if you want to follow my blog as well for additional sign up updates, I would love for you to do so.

Follow on Bloglovin



OK, so are you ready to swap a rainbow? 

Complete the form below to sign up! 

UPDATE: as of 5/13/13 - we are full! Sign up is closed.... stay tuned for more fun swaps in the future :)



10 comments:

  1. thanks for the opportunity to do this swap -- looking forward to see what everyone brings to the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have my rainbow charms from my last swap but you can never have enough rainbow charms in my opinion. I really want to do a luminosity quilt and need quite a bit of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This should be fun. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have never swapped before, I'm so excited!
    Tricia
    tricia_shaver@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heya superb website! Does running a blog similar to this take a
    massive amount work? I've no knowledge of programming but I was hoping to start my own blog in the near future. Anyhow, if you have any ideas or techniques for new blog owners please share. I know this is off subject however I simply needed to ask. Cheers!

    Take a look at my blog ... Joonjeong.Kr

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! What fun! Thanks for reposting this! I am so far behind on my blog reading these days! I missed this swap! But I am signed up now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope I'm in. I loved the last rainbow charm swap I did. They are a blast and those charms are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Stacey, Are there any spots left? I can't access the form... Jenifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops, here's my email: milodesigns@embarqmail.com

      Delete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS