May 11, 2013

Spinning Star Hexagon Block

Those who have been following the blog for a while may have noticed my slight obsession with hexagons... up until recently, it's been strictly English Paper Piecing style.  But, I'm working on a quilt with pieced hexagon blocks (it's coming along nicely, hope to have pictures soon).  My other love is foundation paper piecing.  So, I decided to combine the two thanks to my new toy, EQ7!  I took an all day class last weekend on EQ7 and, folks, let me tell you - that program is AWESOME.  I've been designing my own quilts with paper and pencil and there is nothing wrong with that, but this program is so cool.  

I designed my first foundation pieced block and you can find it on Craftsy for sale.  My hope is to continue to design these and eventually have a sampler hexagon quilt.  If you decide to give it a "spin" I would love some feedback from you.  

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Those are small pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! That looks amazing. Go for it and post pictures! I want to see! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS