April 24, 2013

W.I.P. Wednesday

I haven't done a WIP Wednesday lately - mainly because I've had so many little projects going on, but today I'm home with a sick child so I've got a little extra computer time.  So, here's what's on my design wall this week:

1. Cartwheels Quilt made from baby clothes.  This is for my friend Amy who wanted to make a quilt from her daughter's baby clothes.  I am finally done with the blocks and will be adding sashing/borders next. I just love how bright and cheery this is going to be.  I see the end in sight on this one.

Cartwheel blocks done!
Pattern by Freshly Pieced
Background - Apple Jacks in Gray
Blocks - various baby outfits


2.  Rainbow Mini - here's another Craftsy mini I've been working on designed by Janice from Better off Thread - need to make some decisions regarding embellishments and quilting, so I may tackle this after Cartwheels is done - I need a step back before I decide.

Untitled
Background - Wordplay by Bernatex
Blocks - Pearl Bracelets by Lizzie House

Linking up to WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced.  Hope you're working on something fun today too!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

7 comments:

  1. I love those Cartwheel blocks. They're so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The block are just wonderful, and the baby quilt the fabric from her clothes sure does look great in a quilt. Good WIP for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the rainbow mini. I have been eyeing that pattern on the Craftsy site. Need to get my other paper piecing done first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cartwheels are genius...I'm saving my son's shirts for eaxctly the same reason but they won't look as cute as this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wish i had saved my daughters clothes to make a quilt

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cartwheels is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS