March 27, 2013

Almost Wordless WIP Wednesday

I've got a lot going on and not a whole lot of time to blog about it today.  Here's a summary:

 The quilt retreat was awesome - I got so much done and was even sporting a super cool tattoo for the weekend.  I've never sewn so much in such a short period of time. 3 1/2 days of sewing bliss...




 I completed my "Oh, the Places You'll Go" top - working on quilting that tonight...




Block for Color Bee Shocked is completed and will be mailed in just under the wire by the end of March.



 Started my Swoon quilt for our guest room and put a pretty decent dent in it - 4 of 9 blocks done.





I actually completed 8 of these Cartwheel blocks, but for some reason, didn't take a picture of the full set.  Here are 5 of them.  I am really loving this - made for my friend Amy from her daughter's baby clothes.


Got this lovely package in the mail - will be cutting into it for a secret project to be revealed next month...





Linking up with Freshly Pieced today - like Lee I have been in HST mode with these projects.  Between the Swoon and the pinwheels, I've made about 1000 HST's this week.  I will be back on Saturday with a project for the Charm Madness blog hop hosted by Sew Lux Fabric - hope to see you then!!



WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced














7 comments:

  1. I love your swoon blocks! I've been wanting to make some, but of course I have a million other projects ahead of that one. ;)
    The "Oh, the places you'll go" quilt is awesome too! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swoooon! I love swoon blocks so much! I really must start making some. Your guest room is going to be fabulous! The Oh, the Places You'll Go quilt is also really awesome. Okay, everything you posted is awesome :) Way to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a great time and got a lot done at the retreat! Love your swoon quilt. Thanks for linking up to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh. The cartwheel blocks are cute and what a great idea for saving those special baby clothes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to your post on Saturday, that secret project looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blocks. Is there a patterns for the Cartwheel blocks somewhere? I recently bought the pattern for Swoon but have not started yet, yours look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these quilts are great, but I'm really loving the Cartwheel blocks!

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS