Since I am lucky enough to be living in the host city, I am most definitely attending QuiltCon this year!! I am so excited to attend - I cannot wait to meet other quilters and hopefully find some of you out there that I have only gotten to know virtually. I am all signed up for a class and show pass.
The Modern Quilt Guild has started a linky party, so check it out there if you are going!
Here's a semi-recent pic of the family together last year - I don't get to show off my boys all that much here!
They suggest listing 5 things about yourself that people don't know, so here we go:
- I am a lawyer ~ I have worked in the government affairs and legislative arena for the last 15 years but am now overseeing the administrative functions of the agency where I work. I think quilting has finally given me the creative outlet that my work never has been able to give me.
- I was on Wheel of Fortune when I was in college. The wheel was not kind to me.
- I cannot stand to eat eggs ~ in fact, it's more like a phobia. I have told waiters I was allergic to them just to make sure they didn't land on my plate.
- We have the best dog on the planet - a border collie named Hemi.
- OK, well now you know we live in Austin. We love it here and can't imagine not living here. You will love it when you come to visit. If you need restaurant suggestions, please let me know and I will hook you up!
So, tell me - are you coming??