February 3, 2013

QuiltCon - I'm going, are you?


Since I am lucky enough to be living in the host city, I am most definitely attending QuiltCon this year!! I am so excited to attend - I cannot wait to meet other quilters and hopefully find some of you out there that I have only gotten to know virtually.  I am all signed up for a class and show pass. 

The Modern Quilt Guild has started a linky party, so check it out there if you are going!


Here's a semi-recent pic of the family together last year - I don't get to show off my boys all that much here!


They suggest listing 5 things about yourself that people don't know, so here we go:
  1. I am a lawyer ~ I have worked in the government affairs and legislative arena for the last 15 years but am now overseeing the administrative functions of the agency where I work.  I think quilting has finally given me the creative outlet that my work never has been able to give me.  
  2. I was on Wheel of Fortune when I was in college.  The wheel was not kind to me.
  3. I cannot stand to eat eggs ~ in fact, it's more like a phobia. I have told waiters I was allergic to them just to make sure they didn't land on my plate.
  4. We have the best dog on the planet - a border collie named Hemi.
  5. OK, well now you know we live in Austin. We love it here and can't imagine not living here. You will love it when you come to visit. If you need restaurant suggestions, please let me know and I will hook you up!
So, tell me - are you coming??


7 comments:

  1. No I'm not going but I wish I was. That's a cute pic of the family - your little guys are adorable. I'm an ex-lawyer - it's surprising how many quilting lawyers there are out there. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go! Can't wait for you to update us all on how wonderful it is :)
    Maybe someday when the kids aren't so little... (I would also love to join the hexie bee - but maybe when my 'me time' is a little more predictable :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be there. I get to spend part or all of three days as a super volunteer. At least I will get to see a class when I am the helper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I hate you for living in Tx. :p I'm just kidding, I don't hate you! hahaha. Sigh! You're going to have soooo much fun!!! Very jealous-have a blast, and make sure to come back and tell us all about it!!!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I`d love to go but I live so far away.Hope you take many photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Stacey, I'm totally coming to QuiltCon! You have an awesome family, you are surrounded by good lookin' boys!

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS