February 28, 2013

Happy March!

Happy March, y'all!


I love March.  March is my birthday month and it will be the beginning of the last year of my thirties so I think we should celebrate all month long!

Growing up in Southern Lousiana, I always knew my birthday was coming when the azaleas started to bloom.  Here in hot a$$ Central Texas we don't really have azaleas but nonetheless, I always think azaleas and March go hand-in-hand.

March should be a great month for quilting too!  This month I'll be co-hosting a blog hop with Erin from Sew At Home Mummy where you will get to find out all the down and dirty details about our sewing machines in our "meet: my machine!" blog hop.  We've got a fabulous line-up of bloggers for you and there will be something for everyone. You will be hearing more about this soon ~ promise!

The Tilted Quilt


I'll also be participating in a March Madness blog hop hosted by  Sew Lux Fabric, one of my favorite online fabric shops!  That's all I'll say for now, but I guarantee a super-fun project tutorial for that one. 

And then, to top it off, at the end of the month, I'll be attending my first quilt retreat hosted by the Austin Area Quilt Guild.  3 1/2 glorious days of uninterrupted sewing (well, maybe interrupted to enjoy a glass of wine, or three!).  I'm already going back and forth about what to bring - it's SO hard to narrow down my fabric choices and not bring my whole sewing room. 

Sorry I don't have too much to share project-wise, I'm having to whip up a Dr. Seuss related something for my son to wear tomorrow and I hit a dead end.  This is where having an embroidery unit for my sewing machine has come in really handy.  I just googled "Lorax" and "embroidery design" and this is what I found. 

I convinced him to let me "decorate" a shirt for him to wear and voila - $3.00 later, and this is what we have!   {Hint, for more details on my machine, come back for the blog hop later in March - I will give you the full skinny then}.

Have a wonderful month, my awesome quilty peeps!




5 comments:

  1. How exciting! I love March! "Roars in like a Lion and out like a Lamb!" In North Texas we may get a couple more cold days but that is all! The Winter end line is in sight!
    I've never been on a quilt retreat! I'm looking forward to your report!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is the blog hop full? If not I would like to talk about my machines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see all the machines!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, those flowers look so pretty...it'll be a while before I see any here, lol!!

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS