February 13, 2013
Get Your Hex On - Hive 3!!
I can't believe the amazing response I've gotten with the new bee!! I've now got 5 people interested in starting a THIRD hive (group of 12). I'm just going to keep adding on until everyone can fulfill their wildest Hexie dreams or I drop dead of exhaustion!!
Please grab a button and join us in our adventure, won't you?
Here are the basic rules:
1. This is a 12 month commitment - each member of the hive will host one month of the year.
2. You must have a Flickr account - all hive news/information/pictures are shared there. Come visit our group page and see what you think!!
3. You should have your own supply of 1" and 1 1/2" hexagons. If you want to use a different size in the block for your month, you need to supply the templates to the hive-mates. They will be returned at the end of the month with the constructed block.
4. If your block is made exclusively of hexagons, it should be limited to a finished size of between 8-9". If the block is a combination of piecing and hexies, it can be larger, but remember to keep construction time of the block in mind.
5. During your hosting month you should send each of your hive mates the instructions and fabric to construct one block. You can ask for people to stash bust but you should send at least the focal fabric and backgrounds.
6. Some patterns may not be conducive to sewing the hexagons down to something like a traditional block, so if you just have a configuration you want the hexagons in (rosette, star, snowflake, diamond) that is fine too just make sure you specify exactly what you want and show an example.
I will keep everyone posted on our status as we reach the limit for Hive 3! Thank you for your interest in this hex-tacular endeavor :)