February 16, 2013

Friendship Bag Swap

Today ends my first non-fabric related swap. The premise behind this swap was a Friendship Bag based on the tutorial from Rachel Griffith at  P.S. I Quilt.  You make one of these cute bags and then fill it up with goodies for your secret swap partner.  Sounds fun, right?  You get to stalk their Flickr photostream to get a sense of what they like but you can't contact them.  

So, I've been working the last few weeks on my goodies, and here's what I came up with:




I made the bag in a soft palette of greens, blues and tangerines with a fussy cut tree on both sides.  I just love the way that came out.  I made a pincushion and then threw in some bright fat quarters and some of my favorite scraps.  I added some cute pins and a pair of my can't-live-without snips.  I topped it off with some Emergency Chocolate for those times when you just need a little pick me up.  I hope she likes it - fingers crossed!!

I put my package in the mail today and was really surprised when I checked my mail that my package had arrived from my secret partner, Suvarna.

She really went all out for me!!


Her package included three handmade gifts - the friendship bag, an adorable zip pouch and a canvas/fabric keychain - all in this very vibrant yellow/grey and black palette.  So cute!! She also threw in a stack of bright charm squares and some cute pins with hearts on the end.  What a great package to receive today.  I've already decided that the zip pouch will hold my hexies in progress for grab-and-go access!!

I can see myself getting quite addicted to this swap idea.  If you've never done one before, be on the lookout - I will let you know when I see one opening up. 

Enjoy your (hopefully) long weekend :)

5 comments:

  1. I love the parcel you put together - so cheerful! Swaps are addictive! I hope I will bump into you on one someday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You put together a dynamite package. And you received an awesome package. Glad you already have plans for your received pouch. I bet your recipient has plans for her gift, too. A job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've become slightly obsessed with swaps!! :)

    I definitely want to do the next friendship bag round!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab swap parcels to give and receive, good for you! : )

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS