Well, my quilty dance card has been very full over the last week. I logged some serious sewing time over the long weekend and due to an unfortunate case of strep for my 6 yr old, I ended up with a 4 day weekend. So, I made lots and lots of progress on outstanding projects. Here's a rundown:
(1) Twister Quilt - finally finished quilting after sitting unattended for several months, just need to add binding and then it's going up in my Etsy shop, which has also been unattended for a while. Check back for a big reveal, maybe this weekend!!
(2) Made iPad case for my mom's birthday using the Fresh Lemons tutorial and mailed it today! That makes three of these made in about 2 weeks. It's such a great gift and it takes no time whatsoever to crank one out.
(3) cut out 300+ squares for my Get Your Hex On! bee and mailed it out to my 11 hive mates today. Here were the leftovers - don't you just love the LOVE colors!!
(4) finished my project for the Dare to Dresden blog hop starting later this week - blogged it and scheduled the post - don't forget to check back on Jan. 28th - there will be a giveaway!
(5) basted the hexagons for my Salt Air baby quilt - this one is going to be a surprise even for me. I don't know what I'm going to do with the hexagons yet. I'm waiting for inspiration, but how can you not be inspired by this great palette?
(6) I don't think I've shared my Lucky Stars BOM for January yet - I joined party over with Don't Call Me Betsy and I just love the fabrics I decided to use - Heirloom by Joel Dewberry. I've been stalking Etsy for good deals on it to make sure I have enough fabric to make it through the year.
(7) straightened up my sewing room - big accomplishment. I'm thinking about posting a picture of the super awesome cutting/ironing table the hubby made for me, but it still needs a little more organization before I'm ready to share :)
Linking up to Freshly Pieced today for WIP Wednesday - getting in just under the wire!! Go visit all the creative folks out there and get a little inspiration of your own for the rest of the week!