January 23, 2013

WIP Wednesday - Busy Little Bee!

Well, my quilty dance card has been very full over the last week.  I logged some serious sewing time over the long weekend and due to an unfortunate case of strep for my 6 yr old, I ended up with a 4 day weekend.  So, I made lots and lots of progress on outstanding projects. Here's a rundown:

(1) Twister Quilt - finally finished quilting after sitting unattended for several months, just need to add binding and then it's going up in my Etsy shop, which has also been unattended for a while.  Check back for a big reveal, maybe this weekend!!

(2) Made iPad case for my mom's birthday using the Fresh Lemons tutorial and  mailed it today!  That makes three of these made in about 2 weeks. It's such a great gift and it takes no time whatsoever to crank one out.

(3) cut out 300+ squares for my Get Your Hex On! bee and mailed it out to my 11 hive mates today. Here were the leftovers - don't you just love the LOVE colors!!



(4) finished my project for the Dare to Dresden blog hop starting later this week - blogged it and scheduled the post - don't forget to check back on Jan. 28th - there will be a giveaway!



(5) basted the hexagons for my Salt Air baby quilt - this one is going to be a surprise even for me. I don't know what I'm going to do with the hexagons yet.  I'm waiting for inspiration, but how can you not be inspired by this great palette?


(6) I don't think I've shared my Lucky Stars BOM for January yet - I joined party over with Don't Call Me Betsy and I just love the fabrics I decided to use - Heirloom by Joel Dewberry.  I've been stalking Etsy for good deals on it to make sure I have enough fabric to make it through the year.




(7) straightened up my sewing room - big accomplishment.  I'm thinking about posting a picture of the super awesome cutting/ironing table the hubby made for me, but it still needs a little more organization before I'm ready to share :)

Linking up to Freshly Pieced today for WIP Wednesday - getting in just under the wire!!  Go visit all the creative folks out there and get a little inspiration of your own for the rest of the week!

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

6 comments:

  1. beautiful! it's all so beautiful!!!!
    (can't wait to get my squares :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many great projects going on...... love your i-Pad cases! Maybe I'll see you at Quilt Con!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such fabulous taste in fabrics - Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how those prints look on your star. I would have never thought to use those prints for any of the stars, but clearly they are perfect! I am so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I signed up to follow your blog and would like to be considered for the giveaway. My day is tomorrow, so come and visit me.

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS