January 21, 2013

Tips & Tricks Tuesday Link Up - Hexagons, of course!


Since I'm all ga-ga for hexagons these days, I thought today I would share two instructional videos from Piece O' Cake designs in case anyone is looking for new ways to make hexagons.  I regularly follow Becky Goldsmith's blog and website - she's begun posting instructional videos which are FANTASTIC.  I was lucky enough to take a two-day course from her last year on appliqué and I really learned so much.  I've referred back to these videos often when I felt like I needed a refresher on some of my techniques.

The first video is a basic instruction for EPP but the second one is a new method for basting using a glue pen.  Who knew?  She claims it's fast and easy and if Becky says it, I believe it! It looks so easy that I think I might have to try it with my Get Your Hex On! bee.









I'm linking up this post today with Rachel who is guest hosting Tips & Tricks for Erin (hint, I'll be hosting in February!).  Rachel has a super organized way of keeping all of her sewing patterns and ideas in one place, so go check her out here!!

Sew at Home Mummy

5 comments:

  1. ***drools*** HEXIES!!! WAHOO!!! (I can't wait to start!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to find one of those glue pens. It looks like it really speeds up basting!

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS