January 21, 2013

Another First For Me - A Friendship Bag Swap

I'm trying to get a little outside of the quilty box in 2013, so I've been looking around for something fun to do that I've never tried before.  I found this fun Friendship Bag Swap on Flickr that I've joined.  Here's how it works:  each participant is assigned a secret partner to create and fill a friendship bag for.  The tutorial for this adorable little bag was created by Rachel Griffith of p.s. i quilt - and it can be found here.  Your job as a good partner is to secretly find out (stalk) your partner's likes/dislikes from their Photostream and/or blog.  Some of the folks have created a mosaic of their favorite things.   Here's mine - it was hard to choose just a few, but this picture just makes me happy!!


mosaice3f98f3b118a224ea55e064ae17f983d105c0589



1. Swoon, 2. My Redbird Bee blocks!, 3. Granny Square Quilt #finishit2013, 4. A Light in the Dark - mini, 5. Summer Sampler quilt, 6. Modern Mirage, 7. Dresden Fan quilt, 8. Soul Blossoms Dresden, 9. Flea Market Fancy Pillow, 10. Hexa-Go-Go, 11. Summer Sampler Series Quilt Front12. Aurifil Thread Collection

I can't wait to get started on this fun project.  I'll report back with the bag my partner will be receiving from me and of course, when I receive my bag.

Since I'm also always hoping to find new quilty friends, today I am going to link up with Heidi from Fabric Mutt who is guest hosting the Let's Get Acquainted Monday Link Up for Plum & June.  Happy Monday everyone!!


Plum and June

3 comments:

  1. Those are some amazing quilts! So much color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your mosaic! Your swap sounds like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mosaic -- this sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS