January 9, 2013

A New Bee - Hexagons!


Get Your Hex On



*UPDATE - AS OF 1/12/13 WE ARE NOW FULL AT 12 MEMBERS. IF THERE IS CONTINUED INTEREST, I WOULD BE WILLING TO ADD A SECOND GROUP OF 12, SO  PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW AND I WILL CONTACT YOU*

Well - hello there fellow hexie-lovers!  I am starting up a new virtual bee dedicated to those little hexies we are all addicted to.  Wouldn't it be great to have 11 of your closest online pals helping you finish up your hexie project?

Here's the skinny on my plan:

Name =>     Get Your Hex On!
Members => 12
Duration => 12 months
Details =>    Each member will host one month.  She will provide fabric and a block pattern to her fellow bee-mates to complete. I am OK with asking members to dive into their stash if someone wants a really scrappy look, but you should provide the majority of the fabric. The pattern/block will center around hexagons.  Be creative and daring!  As much as we all love hexagons, they can be a little time consuming, so please only join if you have the time to commit to one hexie block a month.
**UPDATE** For additional details, check in on the Flick discussion I've started about the bee.**

I found some fun blocks on Flickr to show you my inspiration for the bee - would love to see some of your projects too!
By Angela @ Cut to Pieces


brioni hexed in
Briono Hexed in by Hanies, on Flickr
IMG_8029.jpg
And of course, my Hexa Go-Go Quilt that started my own addiction!


If you are interested, please fill out the form below and I will get a Flickr group going so we can work out all of the details.  Depending on how quickly we fill up, the first month of the bee will be February 2013.  Thank you and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you in the coming months!


9 comments:

  1. How about "Hexaholics: a {hextacular} bee" lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am new to it but did the Travelin Pic hop and made some lovely pieces and now I have 3 UFO that I want to finish for the past xmas..LOL... Sounds fun !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only done a few little hexies and appliqued them, but I would love to do more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All skill levels are welcome - they are so easy and fun, you will be a pro before you know it. There are tons of great online tutorials as well - we'll link some up for you.

    We are 1/2 way there with sign ups - 6 spots taken, 6 to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful!!!! I love hexies.. and need a push like this to commit to them! I have had my eye in a Hex a go go quilt I want to make!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I published it on my Blog that should get atleast 1 more, and emailed a few buddies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw the post on SimpleSew. I've never done a hexie but want to try. I'm really good with hand work and have done several quilts in the past year. I've sent in the form, just guide me in the direction of supplies and instructions and we will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Internationals are okay? I'm from Canada - I did submit a form : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in the UK & would love to get involved if you create a 2nd group!

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS