It seems as if my project list keeps growing by the day but I'm getting distracted with fun little ideas and challenges. Here's a run down of my project list:
(1) Baby Girl Quilt for co-worker - FINISHED!
Snuggle Pack, which I love because it is 60x66 so it doesn't need to be pieced and it is so soft for babies.
Now, I've got to do another quilt for this same co-worker for a boy. We're going to do the same pattern but in boy fabrics so it will be fun to compare the two!
(2) So, I bought a bag of pick scraps at our Guild's Second Chance Boutique for $3 - what a steal, right? I came up with "scrappy pinwheels" - I added a few pinks from my stash and pulled out some Kona snow solid. I prepared the fabric by cutting into 1, 1 1/2 and 2 inch strips and are piecing them together then making half-square triangles for a pinwheel effect. Here's the WIP view:
Really cute so far! It's sort of retro and vintage-y feeling. The pinwheels will finish about 8 1/2 inches. I can't wait to find just the right backing. Don't know what I will do with this when it's done, but I LOVE that the top only cost me $3 plus some stash diving to make.
(3) My quilt-y friends and I are going to get together for a night of granny square madness! The theme is aqua/red and I made my sample block so I can teach everyone how to make these!
I've got tons more projects as well!
(4) Last minute baby shower gift for my mom's neighbor - haven't started yet but have to get that done this weekend. I'm doing a fast jelly roll quilt and will post pictures of that this weekend.
(5) Christmas Flurry Star - top finished, binding made, need to sandwich and quilt.
(6) Tipsy - haven't started
(7) Salt Air car seat quilt - haven't started
(8) Sock Monkey Christmas part 2 - haven't started
(9) I've got 112 Christmas charms coming my way and I've got LOTS of ideas about what to do with them!
I LOVE that I have been able to sew more lately - it's so relaxing for me and I feel my creative juices flowing. OK, back to the sewing room!