December 24, 2012

A Very Hexie Christmas

Well, I will close out the holiday season without finishing this, but I gave it my best and I just love the way the top looks. I still need to add a border (maybe?) and quilt it but I don't want to rush and be unhappy with the result.

Here are some pics of the top - I'm just in love with this quilt, probably because so many hours have gone into it!

It's such a great size for snuggling in front of the fire or on the couch :)
IMG_8057.jpg

Techniques used: English Paper Piecing Hexagons by hand and paper foundation string pieced blocks. There are 16 blocks made up of four smaller blocks each, which are then pieced together with the hexagon appliqu├ęd to the center of the block.

The hexagons are made with 100 different fabrics that I received in a charm square swap so there are very few repeats in the hexies.  The fabrics for the blocks are 5 different christmas fabrics from Moda.


IMG_8029.jpg


IMG_8030.jpg

I will debut this finished quilt in 2013. For now, I'm off to get ready for Santa Claus tonight...
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS