November 13, 2012

WIP Wednesday - The Crazy Hexie Lady

Do you ever get giddy while making a quilt and with each block, you just get more and more excited about how it's going to turn out?  That's me with this quilt.  I'm becoming the "Crazy Hexie Lady" -  I'm only on block 3 of 16 but I have been working on this quilt for about 2 months because I had to make the 112 hexagons by hand and then sew them into 16 rosettes.  Now that I've done this many, I am even more in awe of people who do a whole grandmother's garden with thousands of those little buggers :)  I'm sure many of you have done this before but I've never stitched anything by hand, so this was a big deal for me to go outside my comfort zone and try this :)

Maybe I'm excited because it is getting me motivated for the holidays.  I love that you can find a cup of hot cocoa, elves, snowmen, gingerbread men, and wrapped presents all in this quilt.  I sure hope I can get this finished before the holidays.  The kids are already jockeying for "ownership" of this one.

The setting blocks are four individual quadrant blocks string pieced on a foundation which makes for nice, square blocks every time.  I like having everything line up nice and tidy for once!

Hexagon WIP

It's been several weeks for me, but I am linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced today for WIP Wednesday.  Head on over there and check out what our fellow quilty friends are up to today. 
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Have a great day - go sew something amazing!


IMG_7801

9 comments:

  1. It's going to be so cute, Stacey! Kudos to you for stepping out of your comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I love the mix of hexies and strings. Brava!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I've just started EPP in the past year too and it's a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good!! Yay for trying new things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great combination of hexies and Xmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking great. I have this huge urge to make something with Christmas fabrics, but so do not have the time to add yet another project to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some seriously cute hexies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's going to be so scrummy - you can see already how it's going to come together, keep at it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can tell that this quilt is going to be fabulous! The blocks are so cute, and I love how you've arranged everything. Great job! : )

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS