November 11, 2012

Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop

Plum and June


I am so thankful that I was able to get a spot on the last week of Plum and June's Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop.  Welcome! Sit back and stay a while.  In the next few minutes, I'll answer a few questions and tell you about some of my latest quilts and tutorials.


A Little About Me

How long have you been quilting?  I have been officially quilting for about 3 1/2 years now.  It all started with taking a baby quilt class at a local quilt store and it just snowballed after that!  I joined and became active in the local quilt guild and have met wonderful people who have taught me a lot about the craft. I love to take classes and workshops any chance I get.



Favorite quilting tip(s) - I tell everyone that quilting is not hard but you have to be very serious about that quarter-inch seam and about ironing.  If you can sew straight, and use an iron -  you can quilt.

Favorite blogging tip(s) - I'm a new blogger so I'm not sure I have a lot of tips to give, but I'm always looking for new tips if you have any you want to share.

Favorite fabric (or wish list fabric) - favorite designers are Amy Butler, Kate Spain, Sandy Gervais, Bonnie & Camille.

Favorite craft book - I am a sucker for a quilt book and am amassing quite a library. My latest is Hexa Go-G0 and it's fueling my new obsession with hexagons.  I just finished 112 hexagons to go in this quilt.   Here's the block I am working on - I absolutely cannot wait to see this quilt finished!!




Favorite book (or book you are currently reading) - ok, I will admit it, I just finished reading the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy. Don't judge me :)

Favorite children's book - The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein

Favorite quilting tool - so many to choose from, but I will have to say my latest favorite is the FriXion gel pen with the ink that disappears with heat. I recently did a post on my Sewing Room Must Haves with my top five can't live without items.

Favorite TV show while hand stitching - I usually have the Roku going while I am sewing - favorites include Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, Private Practice, Modern Family, Glee, Parentood, Downton Abbey, Mad Men.

Binding - by hand or by machine?  Almost always by hand unless I think it will get washed a lot, then I machine bind it.

A Few of My Favorite Finishes This Year

Here are a few of the quilts I just adored this year - I could go on and on, but I'll limit myself to three:)

This was for a dear friend's boy/girl twins and I just loved the way they came out:
IMG_4653

I really liked this carseat quilt because of the color contrast and the piping:

Vintage Modern car seat quilt

And, then I finished my Flurry Christmas Star - my favorite part of this is the quilting in the star, it really makes the quilt:
Flurry Christmas Star

Tutorials

I've just started doing tutorials, but my lasagna quilt tutorial is a great starter quilt for the new quilter.
Lasagna Quilt - March 2012



I'm working on a second tutorial for the holidays and am hoping to have it out soon.  It's a No-Sew Folded Fabric Christmas Tree. Tutorial should be out in the next week so please check back.

Thanks again for stopping by - I hope you've learned a little about me and will be back soon!












8 comments:

  1. Good to find out more about you on the Blog Hop. Great tutorial and I'll be looking out for the FriXion pen - I'm always trying out different marking tools/pens and I've not seen this one before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I found your blog on this lovely blog hop -- there's no shame in reading 50 shades =) And I love your quilt finishes - so lovely. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed that you manage to blog and make all those lovely quilts with a full time job and Littl'uns as well!! I love your "modern vintage" quilt. I have some of that fabric but can't make up my mind which of three possible quilts to make with it! Lynne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many pretty quilt!! Love how you did the piping in the binding! Glad to learn a bit more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great getting to know you Stacey! Your projects are all beautiful! I'm excited to follow along with your progress on that hexagon quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to meet you Stacey! I LOVE your flurry star, the quilting is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your projects are awesome - I love the flurry star (great quilting), and love that piping on your carseat quilt, they are both very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to meet you Stacey. You have some beautiful quilts and I love your fabric Christmas tree. Looking forward to the tutorial.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS