November 4, 2012

International Quilt Festival Houston

I'm exhausted from my weekend in Houston but wanted to share a few of my favorite photos of quilts. I uploaded a bunch to my Flickr site, click here for all of the pics...

These are only just a few - if you can ever get to this show in Houston, you must go. It is impossible to leave and not be inspired.  Plus there is more quilty-shopping than you can imagine.  I spent an entire day shopping the 900 vendors and then the second day just looking at quilts.  What an experience!

I won't narrate all of these - but I wanted to say that on this quilt, the best in show - words just cannot do it justice.  There are 5,121 Swarovski crystals on this - she did all of the piecing and quilting on her 20 year old Bernina - just goes to show you don't have to have all the fancy bells and whistles.  It took her 10 months to make with over 1,000 hours of time.  Wow, just wow.

Here is a You Tube Video that I found interviewing the quilter where you can see some of the details up close.



I cannot wait to get moving on my projects with all of the inspiration that I gained over the weekend!

Best in Show @ Houston #quiltfestival Untitled Untitled Untitled

#quiltfestival  gorgeous African style.
#quiltfestival  another stunner! Dream Quilt #quiltfestival

2 comments:

  1. Can you imagine? I have the opportunity to go to market in Portland in the spring.
    I will probably have my mouth hanging open the whole time! Thanks for the pictures ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey- Thanks so much for sharing! I would love to make it to the Houston show someday! I was able to make it to the IQF in Cinnicinatti this last spring, but I hear it is nothing compared to Houston!

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS