October 9, 2012

Tips and Tricks Party

Since I've been known to sort of take a pattern and change it up a little, sometimes I'm left trying to figure out exactly how much backing and binding I may need to finish it up.  So, today, I'm sharing my favorite high tech device for quilting for Erin's new link party, Tips and Tricks Tuesday.  Erin and I are fellow Color Bee Shocked members and will be sharing all kinds of quilty projects over the next year. Check out her inaugural tip today!


Sew at Home Mummy


This is a great free (*yes free*) iPhone app by Robert Kaufman called QuiltingCalc.  It's so neat because you can figure out exactly how much fabric you need for your project!  I love it - I use it all the time when I'm in the quilt store mulling over my purchases!























I've also found some great quilting size reference charts and posted them to my Pinterest Board for Quilt and Sew Projects if you're curious about the amounts of fabric needed for traditional quilt sizes (quilt, lap, twin, double, queen king).

Happy Quilting!




2 comments:

  1. Stacey-
    first off - HOLY CRAP! That's an AWESOME TIP!!
    secondly - thanks for linking up to the part-ay!!
    Can't wait to get started on our bee :)
    xooxo
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used that app for a while, and I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS