(1) Karen Kay Buckley's Perfect Scissors - and they are! I bought these at a workshop I attended - they are sharp, they are slightly serrated and they are awesome!
(2) Pilot FriXion pen - this changed my sewing life. No more chalk that doesn't show up - I can write on my fabric with a pen and it disappears with the touch of an iron. I bought mine at my local quilt shop, but you can buy them at Office Depot as well. This is a MUST for making half-square triangles in my preferred method.
(3) Fons and Porter Quarter Inch Seam Markers - hard to tell from the picture but this is a great tool. It helps me make my HST's as mentioned above - it shows you exactly 1/4 inch from a straight line. But I end up using this for lots of other tasks as well - especially small cutting projects
(4) Aurifil Thread - I've tried lots of different threads, but I keep coming back to Aurifil. It's high quality and very sturdy. I use it for piecing and quilting and haven't been disappointed! The Jolly Jabber is doing a big Aurifil giveaway now on their blog - check it out!
(5) Mary Ellen's Best Press - this is great for when you want to crisp up your fabric - it smells great and doesn't have the starchy feel to it! I'm using it quite a bit these days to stabilize my hexagons and I just love it! I like the Lavender Fields scent.
Linking up to Sew At Home Mummy for Tips & Tricks Tuesday - she has an awesome post today on adding social media icons to your blog.