October 21, 2012

Color Bee Shocked - November and December Blocks



I finally got a little bit of time carved out for sewing and I had two fun blocks to make for my new online bee buddies from Color Bee Shocked.


Anna is kicking us off for the year with these cute green, purple and white fabrics. She asked for anything to do with circles.  I've been really thinking this over and found a tutorial by Angela from Cut to Pieces on doing a set-in circle.  I decided to string piece the inner circle with the coordinating fabrics and use one print alone for the background.  Note to self, don't go experimenting with other people's blocks.  It all turned out fine, but I was so stressed trying out a new technique with someone else's precious fabric!!

My block ended up a little short, so I had to add a border, but in the end, I actually liked the contrast the purple added.

Color Bee Shocked November block for Anna.


Erin sent us some gorgeous Kate Spain fabrics with directions for a flying geese block.  Her instructions were great and the blocks went together very quickly.  Here are my two blocks for her:

Color Bee Shocked December block for Erin.

All in all, I felt very productive for a Sunday - since I was also trying to catch up on laundry and clean up a little as well.   These will go off in the mail this week - we are off to a great start!

And what's a post without a fun linky party??  Linking up tonight with Plum and June and WIP Wednesday from Freshly Pieced - hoping to meet some new bloggers this week!!


Plum and June    WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

10 comments:

  1. hi, stopping by from Beth's Monday Link-up - beautiful bee blocks you've got there. Love the colour contrast and your points for the flying geese blocks looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the contrast that the purple gives as well. Cute bee blocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those fabrics in the flying geese blocks! Especially the purples!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty blocks! I would love to see how the quilts turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love the block you made for me! And Erin's blocks look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from Plum & June's lik up. I adore your circel. It's pretty fabulous.
    E

    ReplyDelete
  7. A set-in cirle! You're so brave! :) That's on my list of techniques to tackle. It looks like you did a beautiful job! Congrats on gettting some sewing time. I was just thinking this morning how much I'm going to miss 2 naps a day ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - the tutorial I linked was really great and it worked very well. I remember when my kiddos went from two naps to one - it really puts a dent in your free time. But if yours are like mine - the one nap was usually almost 3 hours so that was nice.

      Delete
  8. My sewing is all done during nap time too! Your blocks look great! I'm about to start on a flying geese project this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dropped by from P&J Link Up and loving the purple and green, my favourite colours to put together. Good to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS