May 9, 2012

My Joshie Lies Over the Ocean - Part II

I have been slaving away at this cute little quilt for the last few weeks and I'm proud to report as of last night, it's pieced, basted and ready to quilt.   Here was the last picture I took of it a few nights ago - super  cute, right? This was a great quilt for me to tackle - lots of half-square triangles and very important to keep your 1/4 inch seam on the money. I absolutely love it and Josh is beside himself with excitement!




Unfortunately for my son (but very fortunately for me), my hubby and I are headed to California this weekend for a vacay sans kids! So, this won't get any attention for a few weeks. Anyone know of any fun quilt shops in Napa???

I need some time anyway to plan how I'm going to quilt this one - I'd love to do some waves or something nautical looking to go with the theme, but it will require I get a little outside my comfort zone.

I talked about this quilt pattern and fabric a few weeks ago, but here are the stats again:


Pattern: Row, Row, Row Your Boat by Jocelyn Lai for Its Sew Emma
Fabric: Anchors Away by Dear Stella



Here's what the finished product should look like:




Linking up to Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday - check out the amazing projects out there!

7 comments:

  1. What a darling little quilt! I'm loving all things nautical these days, and this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi - I'll post again when it finishes up - the colors/fabrics are great!

      Delete
  2. very cute quilt, I think waves would really work for the quilting- give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt!! your son is very lucky...

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet quilt! I love the pieced sails :) have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww this is so cute! I love the sailboats. Looks like a great way to get some HST practice in!

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS