April 18, 2012

Yes, I Am Still A Beginner

Geez - I make mistakes ALL the time!  But, at least I have fun while making them, right?  Sometimes, I get so annoyed with what I've done that I need to just step away from the machine.  More on that in a minute.

Anyway, I'm working on the super cute quilt for Charlotte's big girl bed and it's coming along nicely.  I love the blocks, but I don't really like the way the pattern lays out the blocks.   So, I'm changing that up.  Nothing like changing your game plan 2/3 of the way through, right?

Here's everything laid out on the design wall in my new and improved layout...


All I need to do is add the aqua sashing and the borders and my top is done.  I think the aqua sashing will really break up the big blocks and highlight the fun orange fabrics.  This was a very easy pattern, just two different blocks.  Which brings us to my problem  - DIRECTIONAL PRINTS!  (p.s. every time I say "directional prints" now I scream it a little).   I should have accommodated for my adorable little owls and make them all facing the right way - so I have a date with my seam ripper in the very near future.  We can't have our owls looking every which way, can we?


But rather than start that now, I decided to make my binding.  Some people don't like binding their quilts. Not me - it's actually becoming my favorite part.  It's very satisfying and I can do it in bed while watching my favorite tv shows - double bonus!  Plus its the last step and by the time I'm binding the quilt, I always have my eye on the next big project.



So, this is my main work-in-progress. I'm linking up to Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesdays.  Ladies, please tell me my rookie mistakes aren't completely ridiculous!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS