March 24, 2012

Rockin' Saturday Night

So, the hubby and kids are sleeping and I am LOVING the quiet house. I need a quick project!

I found a cute pattern for a diaper and wipe case and decided to time myself for fun to see how long it would take to make.  Start to finish - one hour and 8 minutes! Not too shabby.

So here she is:




Certainly not the most perfect thing I've ever made but now I know I can whip up a super-cute baby shower gift in no time.  Throw in a couple of burp cloths and call it a day!

For inquiring minds:

Fabric =>  leftover Ann Kelle Urban Zoologie fabric from the recently finished twins quilts
Pattern => Diaper and Wipe Case from "Baby It's You" by Amy Hamberlin

Now that's how I like to spend my Saturday nights! Well, not really, but I'll take what I can get with a 3 and 5 year old sleeping in the house :)


2 comments:

  1. Sew cute! Where can I find the tutorials or patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pattern is from a book I have called "Baby It's You" - I bought the whole book and it's got some great baby quilts and bags. It's linked above. I might have to work up a diaper/wipe case tutorial, because it was really fast and easy!

    ReplyDelete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS