March 30, 2012

The Next Big Thing

Other than winning the lottery, I don't have much planned for the weekend  :)

It's probably time to update the project list - so here goes.

1. Finish Will's Dr. Seuss quilt - progress has been made on this - I've now got it pieced and sandwiched.  I just need to quilt and bind it, then done!! It's only about 6 months late. I've gotten very distracted with other projects.

2. Car Seat Quilt #2.  I'm so happy to report that the first car seat quilt/play quilt sold on Etsy this week! So, I've pieced the second one and I'm just waiting for a couple of coordinating fabrics to finish off the top. It should be done mid-next week.  Here's the top without the borders.  This is the new Bonnie & Camille for Moda line "Vintage Modern" - I got it early before it's been widely released, but I LOVE the color scheme!


3.  "Charlotte" - I'm going to call my next BIG project Charlotte since it's for a friend's daughter's big girl bed. I really really can't wait for this project to come together - it'll be a big one - a double size bed quilt.

Here's the fabric selection - the blocks will be bright orange and pink with the sashing in teal and white.  The teardrop fabric on top will be the backing.  I'm using a pattern called "Aromatherapy" I dog-eared last year in my Fons&Porter magazine.   It's a modified 1/2 log cabin.  I think it's going to be great.  We built the fabric selections around the adorable owls which will match some artwork in her room.  I think I'm going to rent time on a long-arm quilting machine to finish this since it's going to be so big!

Fabrics: Terrain Bloom by Kate Spain for Moda
Ten Little Things Owls by Jenn Ski for Moda



I created a virtual design wall on Pinterest to look at the fabrics - I think you get a pretty realistic view of the color combinations that way.


4.  My Flurry Christmas Star is getting sidelined for now since that's not something I will need/want until later this year.

5.  My Tipsy Quilt Kit is also getting pushed down the list as well for the same reason.

6.  Second Christmas Sock Monkey Quilt - will have to wait!


1 comment:

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS