March 20, 2012

"Dashiell and Leighton"

The twins quilts are done!!  I cannot take credit for the adorable color and fabric selections - that honor all goes to Jenny and her fabulous taste in design.   I wanted to do similar but not identical quilts and chose a ric-rac for Dashiell's and ruffle for Leighton to set them apart.  I actually started these quilts with a pattern in mind but as I was cutting out the pieces I realized that I had so many directional prints that if I cut it and arranged it as the pattern dictated, I would have upside down alphabet and animals.  Rookie mistake! So, I regrouped and decided to make an original design.   I kept it simple and I'm really happy with the results.  Finally, I embroidered their first initial in orange and I think it really added a fun element to the quilts. I loved doing it and the quilts are being delivered to her only 8 weeks after the babies were, um... delivered!!





4 comments:

  1. They are even more amazing in person. Leighton and Dash are so lucky to have such beautiful keepsakes, but make no mistake - they will definitely get used! Big sister Juliet sleeps with her birthday quilt every night. And we always thank Ms Stacey when we talk about who made it for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny - I can't tell you how thrilled I am that you guys love them as much as I do :)

      Delete
  2. Love them!! You are so talented! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - this definitely my "therapy" - I'm so lucky to have discovered a creative outlet for the other half of my brain. Being a lawyer pays the bills, but quilting really makes happy :)

      Delete

I really love hearing from you ~ thanks for your comments!

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS