The twins quilts are done!! I cannot take credit for the adorable color and fabric selections - that honor all goes to Jenny and her fabulous taste in design. I wanted to do similar but not identical quilts and chose a ric-rac for Dashiell's and ruffle for Leighton to set them apart. I actually started these quilts with a pattern in mind but as I was cutting out the pieces I realized that I had so many directional prints that if I cut it and arranged it as the pattern dictated, I would have upside down alphabet and animals. Rookie mistake! So, I regrouped and decided to make an original design. I kept it simple and I'm really happy with the results. Finally, I embroidered their first initial in orange and I think it really added a fun element to the quilts. I loved doing it and the quilts are being delivered to her only 8 weeks after the babies were, um... delivered!!